by j. brotherlove
I’m playing catch up.
Sean re-posted his advice regarding Sex With Others on Tuesday, January 27, (Ms. Thing could really benefit from some permalinks - I’mjustsayin’). His bullet points follow with my comments in italics (because Sean doesn’t allow comments either):
- You Can’t Sleep With Everyone.
I know people who have tried and failed miserably. It’s just not practical, boo.
- You Can’t Sleep With Your Friends.
And why would you really want to?
- You Can’t Sleep With Your Friends’ Ex’s.
- You Can Sleep With Your Ex’s.
Although, if it’s not your immediate ex, what’s point?
- If You Don’t Make The First Move, No-one Is Going To Do It For You.
Hello! And the “my friend thinks you’re hot” move is so not the way to get some play.
- Refrain From Asking Them Why They Think You’re Hot.
Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, sweetie.
- Don’t Act All Platonic When You’re Making A Booty Call.
Hehe. “So uh, what do you do for a living?” *dead*
- Don’t Act Like It’s Not Obvious You’re Tweaked Outta Your Freakin Mind.
I’m enrolling my boo in detox as soon as I hit the Canadian border.
- Make Sure The Cologne Is Good.
I’d change “the cologne” to “the smell good” meaning soap or, at the very least, pleasant body odor — you should know by now if that applies to you, stinky.
- Hint - Never Describe.
Especially with those who cannot keep their mouths shut or hold “higher” moral standards. Who wants the fond memory of hot sex trampled by the disapproving views of a prissy missy?
You’ll have to hop over to Sean’s place for his details. I just thought I’d play along and send him a few referrals (you owe me a new tune for this, sweetie — preferably a downtempo ditty entitled “Tragic Mulatto”).
On a more local note, I’m feeling… I’m feeling… another incarnation underway for thebrotherlove.com (I know, I know, does it ever end?)
Don’t worry, you’ll be the last to know.
“Tragic Mulatto”. Hee hee. Let’s just call it “Issues”…
Sure - it yours - gimme a week - mmm’k?